Nakamura soba is a no-frills restaurant serving Okinawan soba. The restaurant is located along Onna Sunset Coast road between ANA Intercontinental Manza Beach Resort and Hyatt Regency Seragaki Island resort and offers a panoramic view of the sea. There is outdoor seating at the back of the restaurant.
It is an excellent place for a quick lunch.
After a hearty meal, you can stroll on the beach across from the restaurant; it’s a quiet beach.
There are 6 different toppings to choose from –
- Ahsa soba – seaweed soba noodles topped with seaweed, stewed pork belly, and boiled fish pastes.
- So-ki soba – plain soba noodles topped with stewed pork ribs
- Nakamura soba- plain soba noodles topped with stewed pork belly and pork ribs
- Okinawa soba- plain soba noodles topped with pork belly and boiled fish pastes.
- Sanmainiku soba- plain soba noodles topped with three thick slices of pork belly.
- Tebichi soba – plain soba noodles topped with pig trotters.
The noodles come in two sizes – medium and large. In addition, you can add a side of fried rice or Inari sushi for an extra 200 yen.
I went for the medium-sized So-Ki soba( 800 yen) with a side of fried rice and Inari sushi. The food came out fast, and the staff was friendly. The pork was tender and flavorful. The noodles are chewy with an al dente texture, and the broth is light and aromatic. Delicious!
Opening hours: Daily 10:30 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
Telephone: (098) 966-8005
Address: Serakaki1669-1, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun 904-0404 Okinawa Prefecture